On November 18, 1906, a boy was born in the parish of Carção, municipality of Vimioso, to receive the name of António Alberto Fernandes.
António Alberto in search of better living conditions, left Carção, but, not alone, took the woman he married on March 18, 1932, and a son, the firstborn Guilherme.
The woman, full-name Beatriz Poças Jeronimo, equally a native of Carção, six years younger, endowed with a strong character to allow her to overcome adversities, transforming the rocks into advantages, gave the husband important capital of affection to enable him to hope in better days.
And, they went to Gimonde, parish of the county of Bragança. It was the year 1935, a very politically marked year, where they settled that year with a tavern.
Located at a strategic crossroads, the village of Gimonde was a mandatory crossing point for anyone who wanted to legally reach Spain through the border of Quintanilha, the municipality of Vimioso and lands of Miranda, as well as the villages of Lombada.
About the settlement its origin and evolution through the ages there is diverse documentation, the researcher and disseminator of traditions, customs and transmontanos customs, Canon Dr. Belarmino Afonso, has left us a historical nótula that is transcribed in full. He wrote: “Gimonde has not yet erased the cultural marks left by various peoples. They are the sign of the amenity and productivity of the place. The water, the earth, the firewood, are still factors of fixation today. When the Romans arrived here, they encountered the opposition of the Celts and other peoples who lived in the castro. The Guieiro plateau and the neighboring castro da Sapeira constituted units of prehistoric colonization. To nullify their influence they used the Romans of military strategy. The Roman sidewalk served as a means of communication with Astorga and also to isolate those who had chosen the high points as a place of defense.
With the death of Antonio Alberto, in addition to the disgust and consequent mourning, he provoked a natural and consequent family reunion to analyze the consequences resulting from the unfortunate event, the lack of the helmsman and the winds of change altered the consumption habits of the Portuguese, forcing to cautious modifications in the structure of the business, immobilism, if it persisted fatally, would lead to impoverishment and consequent ruin.
The resolution to leave the meeting was to honor the memory of the founder continuing his work in new ways but based on the matrix never by never embarking on adventurous practices that could jeopardize the structure of the house.
The regional culinary representations of Don Roberto’s letter of food are the main responsible for the restaurant’s growing fame to compel the revision of spaces and concepts. For this reason and in order to meet more rigorous criteria of functionality, extending the aforementioned concepts of restaurant dedicated to the preservation and promotion of the local regional culinary arts, Dom Roberto in 1995 receives works of improvement to fully justify its qualification in Typical restaurant, by the Directorate-General of Tourism, after inspection according to the precepts in the legal norm.
From June 2, 1995, Dom Roberto was able to affix to the main door the certificate board of the category granted, transmitting to customers a reliable restaurant message that is reliable and reliable.
In the years 1997/98 the restaurant presents itself in several competitions, having obtained an Honorable Mention in the National Gastronomy Patrimony competition, in the category soups, snacks and entrees, given the quality of the recipes migas of the alheiras.
With the evolution of the times it has been successively refurbished and adjusted, presenting today a configuration that allows it to be a reference in the region and one of the few typical restaurants certified according to the quality management standard NP EN ISO 9001.
It has 4 different spaces. Two rooms, typical tavern, where you can snack and taste various regional delicacies and a regional products store.
The menu highlights the fabulous products produced by Bísaro | Traditional Salsicharia.